We know the Victoria’s Secret Angels work hard—just look at their bodies! But one of the many, many reasons we continued to be inspired by our girl Alessandra Ambrosio is the aura of confidence she exudes and encourages. We’ve seen it with new angels walking the VS Fashion Show, we see it resonating within her adorable children, and here she happily shares her tips with the rest of the world!
- Focus on you: “Every woman has a different metabolism and different genetics, so rather than compete with one another, concentrate on yourself and be the best you can be. Everyone has days when they don’t want to show anything. That’s what the good ol’ jeans and a T-shirt are for. So many times, I haven’t felt ready for shoots. I’m like, why didn’t I work out more? But it’s life.”
- Keep your priorities straight: “Having a perfect body isn’t everything. I want my daughter to be nice, have a good education and be disciplined. That’s what makes people like her. A perfect butt doesn’t make an amazing person. It’s about feeling confident.”
- Know how to fake looking slim: “Good posture helps. Always make sure your shoulders are pulled back and your belly is pulled in. And find a great self-tanning spray, too. Getting a little color on your body can make you look more toned, so when you go to the beach, you’ll feel a little better. Victoria’s Secret has a great tinted spray that’s really easy to apply and gives you color over time.”
- But also make time to be active: “It’s important to break a sweat every day, and I love the way Pilates makes me feel long and lean.”
- Live like you’re on holiday: ” ‘Forever on vacation’ is my motto. It’s just the way I take life. Nothing makes me feel that pissed off or out of control. Whatever I do, whether I’m modeling or doing my clothing line, ále by Alessandra, I just want to feel like it’s fun. If you’re doing something you don’t like, you’re wasting time. Life is short. There is so much to see and do and feel. We should enjoy every moment.”
Original feature in SELF Magazine
My motto is very simple”If you don’t move it ,you lose it.
Alessandra, you are such an amazing woman! The most I look up to you, because of your positive way of living. Times are getting more and more hectic. Finding a balance in all of it is such an difficult task. Keep up with the good work of being an incredibly inspiring person. Love from Slovenia, B.
I am wishing you could make some type of garment that shows those who see the diversity of people’s magical places that are on the verge of extinction. I would love your human side outside the beaten path talking with local activists on how fashion and culture can make a better world for us all. I wish you luck like always like when we met in Texas long time ago and I wished you lots of luck and a follower for life as long as you did not loose your charm and simplicity! Here I am cheering for you!
Such great tips to live every moments of life fully! You are right, life is too short! Thank you for sharing. xoxo