As an international supermodel or not, you’ve seen it all over Insta— Alessandra Ambrosio is constantly jet-setting around the world. Whether she’s jetting off to Milan or Paris to walk a runway, or sunbathing in the Bahamas, we’re frequently catching a glimpse of her #foreveronvacation yet ever-so-busy lifestyle. So how does one do it all? The key is to still make time for yourself.
It’s true, we all lead crazy, busy lives and the one thing we never seem to have time for is ourselves. With work, family time, spending time with your significant other, and social time all demanding our attention, we’re constantly juggling our day-to-day responsibilities. Finding as little as 15-30 minutes a day of uninterrupted, relaxing “me” time is challenging at best. But we all instinctively know that when we take time for ourselves to pursue our passions, do the things that we enjoy, relax or even do nothing at all, we end up happier, healthier and feeling better! “Me” time allows us to de-stress, unwind and rejuvenate. Keep reading to find out 5 ways to sneak it into your life every now and then:
- Unplug: In this day and age where technology practically rules our life, this is the biggest tip we love to follow by. Unplug from your gadgets and enjoy the peace and calm.
- Learn to say “no”: It’s okay to give yourself a break and opt out of things that you don’t really want to, don’t value or don’t bring you satisfaction and joy.
- Get social: For others, the best way to relax is with social interaction. Book a mani/pedi; sneak in happy hour with the girls every now and then, or go camping with friends and get back to nature.
- Wind down: Set aside 30 minutes each night if you can to wind down before bed. Simply closing your eyes and clearing your head will not only help you fall asleep faster, but give your mind and body a chance to de-stress from the day.
- Sleep: Sleeping rejuvenates the body so it not only resets your mind but it also repairs your skin which ultimately leads you to feeling better about yourself, inside and out. The quality of our sleep is affected by how positive or negative our thoughts are as we drift off so taking time for yourself allows you to renew, heal.