There are two types of bad hair days: annoying and impossible. When we wake up with an annoying bad hair, it obviously isn’t ideal, but our angel Alessandra always does the trick. But, if your bad hair day is borderline impossible, then it is time to resort to the only viable option — A Top Knot! Top knots might look like an easy hairstyle from afar, but every girl understands the struggle of having to redo your bun 15 times before giving up and rocking a top knot that has hair sticking up in all directions.
Although Alessandra Ambrosio has luscious locks worth drooling over, it’s no secret that she has days where she doesn’t want to deal with styling her hair. In fact, Ale has practically master the art of top knots, which is why we have put together a step-by-step guide for achieving a Victoria’s Secret-worthy ‘do. From the gym to a dinner date, a top knot can take you a long way — see below for our struggle-free top knot tricks that will help you achieve the bun of your dreams!
- Brush hair until it is silky and smooth
- Pull hair into a ponytail at desired height and secure with a hair band.
- Using a brush, stroke the ponytail from the ends to the base of the hair band. This will give your hair volume and make for a textured top knot.
- Twist the hair and wrap it around the base ponytail.
- Use bobby pins, hair clips, or a hair tie to secure the hair.
- Using your fingers, gently pull on small pieces of hair to create desired texture.
- Seal with hairspray, and voilà — you’re good to go!