When you’re busy jet-setting like our Victoria’s Secret angel, Alessandra Ambrosio, waking up in the morning can turn into quite the struggle. Believe it or not, they don’t call it a morning routine for nothing. When you have the process locked down, it’s designed to streamline your mornings. Similar to working out, it could be a daily struggle, but once you’re done, you’re left feeling accomplished and satisfied. No more missing socks, running out the door with one shoe on and your face half done, read on for 5 tips to speed up your mornings!
- Showering: Honestly, there’s such a difference in how much time you can save by showering the night before. If skipping your morning rinse is out of the question, think about forgoing washing your hair instead— A messy updo is always in.
- Your Outfit: You’ve probably heard this time and time again, but choosing your outfit the night before can save you a tremendous amount of time getting ready in the morning. Avoid the unpleasant “I have nothing to wear” syndrome when you’re short on time.
- Your Makeup: Keeping your products nice and organized is a great way to pick up the morning pace, that way, you’re not fumbling around looking for that BB cream or eyelash curler you swore you were just holding.
- Multi-task: And we don’t just mean you. Pick beauty products that kill two birds with one stone. Achieve that 5 minute glam with dual products.
- RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek
- Guerlain Le 2 Dual Brush Lengthening Mascara
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Bronzing Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 20
- Estée Lauder Pefectionist Youth-Infusing Brightening Serum + Concealer
- Be Firm: Once you allow yourself to hit the snooze button once, it makes it all that much harder to keep the original routine going. Get in the habit of sticking to it. They say it takes 27 days to turn something into a habit. After that, it’ll be a breeze.
In the end, you’ll have just that much more time to prepare mentally and ease into whatever the day has to bring. What’s your best morning trick?