Love is in the air, whether you have a significant or not, there’s no reason to be let down by this lovey-dovey holiday. It’s just another excuse to spend more time with your family, friends and loved ones. Sure, you try to do girl’s night every other week or so, but we all know it gets tough to maintain a schedule (yes, we forgot to pick up the dry cleaning again, too!) Instead, make this the excuse to do something out of the norm. Always wanted to learn how to surf? Go out and book an instructor with your friends. Dying to go fishing? Take the weekend, grab your besties and go to the lake. Whatever the case may be, just think of Valentine’s Day as your new “adventure” day!
- Amusement Park or Carnival: Can’t find a sitter? Bring your kids along for a fun filled day! It’s also a great for you and your friends to act like kids again.
- Bar Excursions: Avoid the heavy traffic at restaurants and go wine bar hopping instead. Fill up on tapas and drinks with the leisurely of hopping from one place to another with ease.
- Go Karaoke: Rock the night away with your girls or invite other couples and make it a group date party!
- Learn Something New: When you’re with your significant other or friends, you’re sure to have fun, regardless of whether you’re cheering on each other’s successes or laughing together at your missteps!
- Re-create Your First Date: Re-creating the first time you two (or your girls) went out is a fun way to reignite that spark and remind yourselves of why you fell in love (and became besties) in the first place. Try to emulate that first time as close as possible: go to the same restaurant, see the same movie, visit the same place, wear the same (or similar) outfit. Old memories will fly around like crazy and it’ll be another unforgettable night to add to your book.
- Road Trip: Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend this year, so all the more reason to start a little adventure. You can’t exactly drive to the other side of the country, but there’s no reason you can’t go exploring in a new part of town.
- Skydiving: Nothing gets that adrenaline running like jumping out of a plane!
What other suggestions do you have for celebrating a non-traditional v-day?