It seems like the fight against split ends are never ending! We fight our hardest and yet our poor locks are left in distress. Here are a few Alessandra approved tips and tricks we like to follow for maintaining luscious locks:
- Washing Your Hair: We’ve found it works best if you actually condition your ends first, then shampoo your scalp to keep your hair healthy and clean without looking limp. This also protects your ends against the harsher chemicals in shampoos.
- Brush Wisely: After showering, always use a Wide Tooth Comb to brush wet hair! Wet hair is extremely vulnerable to damage. A wide tooth comb will lightly glide through hair and loosely manage your locks without causing as much breakage. For daily brushing, a Cushioned Paddle Brush with flexible bristles detangles your hair with ease. Start with your ends and work your way up the midsection, then brush through the entire length of your hair to prevent any forced yanking.
- Mind Your Heat Tools: If you can, let your hair air dry as much as possible instead of using a blow dryer. Ale’s mentioned time and time again that because her hair goes through so much for work, at home, she lets it air dry and styles it naturally. If you must, always remember to use a Heat Protectant Spray when using a blow dryer, curling iron, or straightener.
- Go Gentle: We know brushing roughly through tangles cause damage to your hair, but have you thought about when you’re styling it? The same logic applies. Elastic Hair Ties prevent unnecessary stress on your hair and remember to avoid pulling to tightly.
- Get Regular Cuts: While a haircut is the only way to get rid of split ends, regular trims are your best protection against them because the longer you go without a trim, the greater the chance you have of split ends worsening and traveling up. It may sound counter-intuitive, but this is why it’s actually best to get frequent trims if you’re trying to grow longer, healthier hair.
- Limit The Damage: Keep in mind that treatments like hair coloring, straightening and perms all cause trauma to your delicate hair. We know it can’t always be avoided, but try to limit it to one service at a time.
SHOP: Sephora Detangling Comb | Agave Healing Oil Natural Bamboo Paddle Brush | Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Heat Protect Spray | CyndiBands Hair Ties
Hi there, I enjoy reading through your post.
I like to write a little comment to support you.
Hello! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy gbddefgafdec