Summer is right around the corner, and if you are starting to panic because bikini season came way too fast, you’re not alone. Although we all strive to be like our Victoria’s Secret angel Alessandra Ambrosio, it is difficult to find the motivation to make a healthy lifestyle change. But, you might be surprised to learn that Ale isn’t too fond of working out either. In fact, she didn’t work out regularly until she booked her first Victoria’s Secret show! That all changed, however, when her fiancé, Jamie Mazur, became a part of her life.
“For him, exercise was physical and mental at the same time; going to the gym was his friend, whereas it had always been an enemy for me,” Alessandra spilled to Net-A-Porter. “Now that it’s a healthy, normal part of my daily routine, my kids will grow up seeing it in the same way, and I love that.” So, join Ale on the path to healthy living and check out these 5 tips to help boost your workout motivation!
- Buddy up! There is nothing worse than working out alone. Not only does a gym buddy provide distraction, but they can also make sure you’re not cutting your workout short, which is incredibly easy to do when you’re alone!
- Crank up the tunes. The best companion for an intense workout is an amazing playlist! Create playlists for each segment of your workout rotation. That way, you won’t get tired of listening the same music throughout the course of your workout!
- Scope out local areas. One of the hardest things about going to the gym is actually going to the gym. It isn’t that we are too lazy, but the time it takes to drive there, park, and workout could be better spent elsewhere. So, be sure to keep an eye out for areas near your house that can host your workouts when you’re too tired to go to the gym!
- Put it in writing! When you write down your workout plans in a calendar, it is MUCH harder to push them aside! Knowing that you have a designated time for your workout is great motivation to get yourself off the couch and in the gym.
- Do what you love. Do you hate running? Then don’t choose activities that involve running! There are numerous types of physical activities, so there is no point in forcing yourself to do something you don’t enjoy. Whether it is yoga, Pilates, or cardio, be sure to find out what workout routine works for you and stick to it!
How do you stay motivated to workout?