With winter temperatures rolling in, there is nothing better than staying inside, lighting the fireplace, and feasting over a delicious batch of freshly baked goods. Just like our angel Alessandra Ambrosio, we love eating warm treats in the dead cold of winter! Not only does it make the house smell scrumptious, but it also gives us a genuine excuse to consume as many sweets as we can to keep warm.
Thanks to Foolproof Living, we are obsessing over this recipe for a Strawberry Waffle Cake with Coconut Frosting — Yummy! It’s Instagram-worthy, your taste buds will love it, and it just so happens to include one of Alessandra’s favorite ingredients… Coconut! Check out the easy recipe below. WARNING: It is highly addictive!
To make the cake:
– 3 round waffles (my waffle maker makes waffles that are 6 ½ iches in diameter – freshly made but at room temperature)
– 1 cup strawberries, washed and dried
To make the Coconut Frosting:
– 1 packet (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
– ½ cup (1 stick or 4ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons heavy cream, at room temperature
– ½ teaspoon table salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ teaspoon almond extract
– 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted and cooled
1. To make the frosting: Place cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream them for 3 minutes in medium high speed, until fluffy.
2. Gradually add powder sugar, alternating with the heavy cream.
3. Add the salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Whip until thickened, 2-4 minutes.
4. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the coconut and gently fold in the rest in the frosting.
5. Reserve 6-7 strawberries to decorate the top. Slice the rest of the strawberries thinly.
6. Place a dollop of the frosting in the middle of the cake stand (or plate). Center one of the waffles on top. Using a spatula spread ⅓ of the frosting on top of the waffle. Equally distribute slices of strawberries on top.
7. Stack the other 2 waffles following the same process.
8. For the top of the cake, instead of using sliced strawberries, use the reserved whole strawberries.
If preferred, sprinkle it with the reserved shredded coconut and/or edible flowers!