Yogurt parfaits.. just the thought of delicious berries mixed with a hint of honey can make any mouth water… so what’s so special about this recipe we’re about to share? Roasted strawberries. Yes that’s right, we said roasted strawberries and then a layer of toasted coconut to top it off. Top your parfait with any fruit of your choice, but we’re a fan of berries since they’re high in antioxidants and other essential nutrients and Greek yogurt as opposed to regular yogurt because it’s higher in protein. Hats off to Cait’s Plate for putting a modern twist on your everyday parfaits. Trust us when we say don’t knock it ‘til you try it!
- 2 6 oz. servings of non-fat plain Greek Yogurt, divided
- 6 tbsp. shredded coconut (or more depending on how much you want the flavor to come through!)
- 1 pint of strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup favorite granola
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add strawberries into a mixing bowl and pour honey over them, mixing with your hands to fully coat the berries in the honey.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay strawberries on it in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, line another baking sheet with parchment paper and add 6 tbsp. shredded coconut. Bake, keeping a close eye and stirring occasionally for 3 minutes (or until coconut just begins to brown). Remove from oven and combine 3 tbsp. with 6 oz. yogurt and the other 3 tbsp. with the remaining 6 oz. Set aside.
5. When strawberries are done roasting, begin to assemble your parfait. Add a layer of the toasted coconut yogurt, top with granola, roasted strawberries, granola, yogurt and roasted strawberries (or order of your choice). Top with a spoonful of syrup from the pan of roasted strawberries and serve!
Share your secret ingredient that makes your yogurt parfaits so delectable below!