We were soooooooo good…until last weekend when we couldn’t help but partake in festival food and cocktails. It’s okay. All work and no fun is, well, no fun. But now we’re back and ready to get into bikini shape for summer 2014. Starting off this week we are looking at healthy and delicious lunchtime options. Here is an all-time, easy-to-make, go-to favorite. Egg, spinach and Parmesan salad.
– Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar
– Salt & Pepper
1. Start by soft boiling eggs. For the perfect egg, bring water to a boil. Carefully place the eggs in the water with a spoon. For small to medium eggs, 5 minutes should do the trick. Add one minute for large eggs. Let eggs cool to the touch before trying to peel them.
2. While the eggs cool, pile up a bunch of spinach on your plate. Go ahead, pile high. You can indulge in this vitamin and mineral rich leafy green.
3. Once eggs are cool, peel and place on salad. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and sprinkle on some delicious parm. Voila! Easy as one, two, three.
Switch It Up Ideas
– If you need an on-the-go salad for work, opt for hard boiled eggs instead.
– Feel free to switch out spinach for other healthy greens like baby kale or mâche.
– Add nutrient rich nuts or seeds for an extra health or energy boost.