We know, we know. It’s a universal truth that every woman wants longer legs. The way you dress also plays a huge role on how you look. Fashion is magic and magic is all about illusions. So thankfully, even if you weren’t as genetically blessed as superstar Alessandra Ambrosio in that department, you can fake long, lean pins with these clever styling tips and tricks below… No crazy, painful surgeries required! The right color and style can make you look taller and thinner and will compliment the workouts you’ve been doing at the gym.
Nude heels – I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but it’s tried and true. A good pair of nudes makes it harder to tell where your legs end and your foot begins. Find one closest to your skin tone for best results. Bonus: a pointed toe also elongates your feet, therefore adding to the illusion of longer legs!
- Cut25 by Yigal Azrouel Engineered Jacquard Knit Dress – $227.50 – BUY HERE
- Kate Spade New York Licorice Patent Pumps in Nude – $298 – BUY HERE
- Sondra Roberts Crystal Mesh Box Clutch – $128 – BUY HERE
A pair of high-waisted pants, shorts – or pretty much anything high-waisted makes it seem as if your waistline’s higher and therefore, your legs longer. If crop tops aren’t in your alley, tucking in your top will add to a slimmer waist and elongate your body.
SHOP THE LOOK:
- ále by Alessandra Indio Bustier – $128 – BUY HERE
- ále by Alessandra Indio High Waisted Shorts – $118 – BUY HERE
Monochromatic –Wearing all one color causes the eye to travel from your shoulder to the floor. Plus, if you match your shoes to your pants, you’ll create a sleek, unbroken line. You’ll look taller, and everyone will assume your legs go on for days!
- Burberry Brit Daylesmoore Wool Blend Trench Coat – $1095 – BUY HERE
- Alice + Olivia Rolled-Sleeve Tunic Top – $168 – BUY HERE
- 7 For All Mankind Faux Crackle Leather Skinny Pants – $198 – BUY HERE
- Rag & Bone Harrow Leather Ankle Boot in Black – $495 – BUY HERE
- French Connection Multi-Texture Tote Bag in Black – $98 – BUY HERE
Wear something short – it’ll automatically make you look taller with the more leg you expose! Keep it tasteful though of course, but higher hemlines will work in your favor. And if that’s not enough? A good bronzer will do the trick! Focus more on the shins to create a lengthening illusion and add a hint of shimmer to complete the look!
SHOP THE LOOK:
- ále by Alessandra Into The Mystic Twist Dress – $148 – BUY HERE
- Ray-Ban Original Aviator Sunglasses – $150 – BUY HERE
- Karen London Brass and Turquoise Desert Moon Ring – $75 – BUY HERE
- Victoria’s Secret Beach Sexy Instant Bronzing Tinted Body Spray – $15 – BUY HERE
- Victoria’s Secret Beach Sexy Instant Bronzing Shimmer Powder – $24 – BUY HERE
The Killer Combination: Ale’s white on white monochromatic ensemble was not only paired with a pencil skirt, which adds an extra slimming boost, but with nude strappy heels as well for the ultimate endless effect!
SHOP THE LOOK:
- Calvin Klein Collection Ivory Viscose Long Sleeve Top – $460 – BUY HERE
- Calvin Klein Collection Ivory Viscose Knit Skirt – $390 – BUY HERE
- Christian Louboutin Gwynitta Patent Crisscross Red Sole Sandal in Nude – $879 – BUY HERE
LOOK FOR LESS:
this is a great post! very informative.
Happy Hump Day!!
Monumental….. A Alessandra faz qualquer trapinho parecer uma peça de alta costura! Loucura de mulher, endoidece qualquer homem! Brutal.
Really helpfull, gonna try these…!! 🙂
Reblogged this on For the Love of Fashion and commented:
This is a nice blog post from Alessandra Ambrosio’s blog….