See Ale’s The Coveteur feature HERE.
Raise your hand if you constantly feel like you have nothing to wear.. yet, your closet is overflowing. You find yourself double stacking your hangers just to save space. You always find yourself missing pieces you swore you just saw. That my friends, is a clear sign it’s time to do a little closet cleaning and reorganization. With summer right around the corner and the launch of our new Spring collection and #aleblings, is the perfect time for a wardrobe revamp! Here are a few tips and tricks to getting started:
- First and foremost, it’s time to toss out those straggler socks that don’t have its mate. Say goodbye to any bras and panties that are too worn out and stretched thin. Hosiery that’s filled with random holes that aren’t meant to be there are also included in this category.
- Analyze the pieces:
- Stains: If others can point it out and you’ve tried and tried again but that stubborn stain won’t go away, toss it.
- Has an Odor: Nothing says it’s time to move like when it’s giving off funky smells.
- Doesn’t Fit: Can it be tailored? Make the change or simply pass it on to a friend or thrift shops. Is the piece too worn it’s lost its fit? Toss it, you’re only making room for new pieces.
- Section your wardrobe into three:
- “You Love It” meaning you wear it all the time— These babies are a definite keep!
- “You Like It/Not Sure What to Do With It” meaning it still has tags on it; you don’t know how to wear it; you’ve had it for years, but you know you’re going to wear it some day— This could be a great time to pass it off to a friend or make a little spending money via Tradesy, Crossroads Trading, Vinted and or thrift shops! There are so many new apps and services these days
- “You Hate It” meaning that eureka moment of ‘What was I thinking?’ and you can’t imagine ever wearing it again— This is the moment you can finally retire these pieces and once again, give it to a friend you
- Invest in closet organizers! Try these solutions designed to help keep you organized.
Now share your tips with us on when you know it’s time to toss an item below!