A dress is one of the easiest pieces of clothing to style. However, as the fashion industry continues to produce new dress styles every season, it is becoming more difficult to choose one dress to purchase when there are more than enough options. Still, if we’ve learned anything from our Victoria’s Secret angel Alessandra Ambrosio, then it is safe to say the secret to accumulating an amazing dress collection is to cover the basics — Formal, cocktail, professional, daytime, and denim.
These dress styles are guaranteed to have your back during your next wardrobe crisis, no matter the occasion. Here are the 5 essential dress styles every woman needs in her wardrobe:
- Formal Dress: A formal dress is an essential item for every fashionista! Next time you see a gorgeous dress with nowhere to go, consider purchasing it anyways. Every girl should have one formal dress on-hand for emergencies, even if it lives in the back of your closet until that day comes!
- Cocktail Dress: No matter the occasion, a cocktail dress is always a good option. But, every woman should have at least one cocktail dress in her wardrobe that makes her feel as confident as ever!
- Professional Dress: Things to look for in a workplace dress: appropriate length, quality material, and slim-fitted but not too clingy.
- Day Dress: A casual day dress is one of Alessandra’s go-tos! Depending on how you style it, this dress style can go from a day at the beach, to a lunch date, and even to a nighttime occasion.
- Denim Dress: Skip your jeans and opt for a dress… made of denim! Chambray is very on-trend at the moment and comes in several styles.