If you have yet to jump on the coconut oil train, then you are seriously missing out! Not only is it one of the few foods that is considered to be a superfood, but it is also proven to have positive effects on a number of health issues! From skin remedies to suppressing your appetite, coconut oil’s high concentration of fatty acids offers incredible benefits that can’t be overlooked.
In fact, our Victoria’s Secret angel Alessandra Ambrosio is a huge fan of coconut oil! “I’ll drink a lot of coconut water, which is super hydrating, and we use coconut oil on the skin, and avocado,” Ale tells Vogue Beauty. “I remember my mum putting avocado on our skin when we were kids, and putting coconut oil in our hair when we went to the beach.” So, is coconut oil the answer to Alessandra’s beauty? The only way to find out is to try it for yourself! Here are our 5 favorite uses for coconut oil:
- Cooking. Who needs olive oil and butter when you have coconut oil? Instead of cooking with ordinary fats, opt for coconut oil next time! It gets the job done and is much healthier than the alternative (it even adds a bit of flavor!).
- Coffee Creamer. Coconut oil is the perfect additive for any coffee-lover that is addicted to the traditional cream and sugar method. Not only does it balance out the bitterness of black coffee, but it also the perfect combination of creamy and sweet!
- Hair. As Ale mentioned, coconut oil can do wonders on your hair! Whether your hair is curly, straight, thin, or thick, coconut oil’s fatty formula will produce a shiny, smooth, and frizz-free finish.
- Chapped lips. Say goodbye to your dry, cracked lips! Coconut oil is a good (and cheap) substitution for your ordinary lip balm. It tastes delicious, too!
- Skin. Last but definitely not least, coconut oil is an absolute must for your beauty routine. It can be a moisturizer, eye makeup remover, cuticle oil, deodorant, body butter, and can even protect against harmful UV rays with an SPF of 4!
What is your favorite use for coconut oil?