For Alessandra Ambrosio, beauty is all about being very natural. When Ale isn’t busy traveling the world, walking the runway, or posing for her latest photo shoot, she loves to visit her home country of Brazil, which is known for being naturally beautiful with cascading waterfalls, green landscapes, and gorgeous views at every turn. In fact, Alessandra loves to incorporate these concepts into her beauty routine by staying as true to her natural beauty as possible.
If there is anything Alessandra has learned through her modeling ventures, it is that she needs to take extra care of herself when she isn’t working. Loads of makeup, long hours, and hair styling tools can have a negative impact on someone’s appearance, which is why Alessandra swears by these 5 Brazilian beauty tips to remain refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to go!
1) Outdoor Activities. Our girl Ale loves the outdoors! When she is in Brazil, she enjoys taking evening strolls by the ocean with friends because it is not only relaxing, but it is also a great workout. Since she can’t always take in Brazil’s beauty with her busy schedule, she recommends working out outside whenever you can — anything from playing with kids, to engaging in volleyball games, to walking on the beach, and even going for the occasional swim!
2) Getting a nice tan. Who doesn’t love a good tan? Because Ale loves the outdoors so much, she inevitably gets a lot of sun. Although we all enjoy tanning our skin, one of Ale’s Brazilian tips is to make sure you’re using a good sunscreen to soak up the good rays and block the bad ones!
3) Hydration. As someone who is constantly on-the-go, Alessandra drinks tons of water, which is one of her secrets to having beautiful, glowing skin! In Brazil, she stays hydrated by sipping on fresh coconut water and munching on healthy Brazilian fruits like açai, jabuticaba, and pitanga.
4) Staying toned. If there is one thing Ale knows about Brazilians, it’s that they are crazy about their legs and butts. To achieve a lean physique, she regularly does squats and lunges and enjoys mixing barre classes, pilates, yoga, ballet, and spinning into her workout routine (especially when it comes time for the VS Fashion Show!)
5) Hair care. Alessandra’s favorite spot in Brazil is an organic and natural salon in Sao Paulo called Laces and Hair Salon, where she regularly gets multivitamin treatments, velaterapia treatments, and Bordado Laces trim (A must for split ends!). One of Alessandra’s favorite Brazilian hair secrets is to use a hair sunscreen or large hat (like the Altimira Straw Hat) to protect it from too much sun exposure!